Where: Great Hall, Hart House, University of Toronto
When: February 18th, 19th, 20th.
Round Times: 10am & 3:30pm Saturday, 10am & 3:30pm Sunday, 10am & 3:30pm Monday
Style: 6 Round Swiss in 5 Sections: Crown, U2200, U1900, U1600 & U1300
Time Control: 90 minutes + 30 seconds increment from move 1, for all sections
Entry Fee: $60 in advance for all players. $80 only on site.
Discounts: $20 less for University of Toronto students. Free for IMs & WIMs if registered by February 11th.
Organizer: Alex Ferreira & Hart House Chess Club. Contact hhtournaments(at)gmail(dot)com
Other Info: Please bring sets & clocks
• Email registrations must be completed by February 16th, or else considered late.
• After pre-registering by email, please bring cash payment to the playing site before 9:30am on February 18th, or mail a cheque which arrives by February 16th. If online registrants paying in cash arrive after 9:30am on February 18th, they cannot be guaranteed a pairing in Round 1. No cheques on site.
• To register in advance by mailing a cheque (arrival by February 16th, 2017), make cheque payable to Hart House Chess Club, at 7 Hart House Circle, Toronto ON, M5S 3H3. No postdated cheques.
• Registrants after February 16th, 2017 are not guaranteed to be paired in Round 1, and must pay onsite entry fee ($80).
• Players taking a bye in Round 1 can pay the entry fee twenty minutes before the start of Round 2.
Entry Fee: $60 in advance, $80 cash only on site. Extra $20 to play up a section. Playing up is allowed only for players within 100 rating points of the section’s minimum rating. For example: a player in the Under 1600 section who wants to play up in the Under 1900 section must have a rating no lower than 1500.
Discounts: $20 less for University of Toronto students. Free entry for IMs and WIMs if registered by February 11th.
Special Discount: Free entry for players who have never played in any CFC or FIDE rated tournament. Chess Federation of Canada (CFC) membership purchase still required for $48, and entrants will not be eligible for prize money.
Other Info: Please bring chess sets and clocks. Registrants must be current CFC members or bring payment prior to playing – http://chess.ca/membership-rates.