Where: Great Hall, Hart House, University of Toronto.
When: February 17th, 18th, 19th.
Round Times: 10am & 4pm Saturday, 10am & 4pm Sunday, 10am & 4pm Monday.
Style: 6 Round Swiss in 6 Rating Sections: Crown, U2200, U1900, U1600, U1300 & U1000
Time Control: 90 minutes + 30 seconds increment from move 1, for all sections.
Rating: All sections will be CFC rated. Crown, Under 2200 & Under 1900 sections will also be FIDE rated.
Byes: Maximum 2 half-point byes in rounds 1-4, if requested in advance before the start of Round 1.
Prize Fund: $5000 based on 120 entries!
Entry Fee: $60 in advance for all players. $80 only on site.
Discounts: $20 less for University of Toronto students. Free for IMs & WIMs if registered by February 10th.Playing up is allowed only for players within 100 rating points of the section’s minimum rating. For example: a player in the Under 1600 section who wants to play up in the Under 1900 section must have a rating no lower than 1500.
Special Discount: Free entry for players who have never played in any CFC or FIDE rated tournament. Chess Federation of Canada (CFC) membership purchase still required for $48, and entrants will not be eligible for prize money.
Organizer: Hart House Chess Club
Other Info: Please bring sets & clocks. Registrants must be current CFC members or bring payment prior to playing – http://chess.ca/membership-rates.
• Email registrations must be completed by February 15th, or else considered late.
• After pre-registering by email, please bring cash payment to the playing site before 9:15am on February 17th, or mail a cheque which arrives by February 15th. If online registrants paying in cash arrive after 9:15am on February 17th, they cannot be guaranteed a pairing in Round 1. No cheques on site.
• To register in advance by mailing a cheque (arrival by February 15th, 2018), make cheque payable to Hart House Chess Club, at 7 Hart House Circle, Toronto ON, M5S 3H3. No postdated cheques.
• Registrants after February 15th, 2018 are not guaranteed to be paired in Round 1, and must pay onsite entry fee ($80).
• Players taking a bye in Round 1 can pay the entry fee twenty minutes before the start of Round 2.