Where: Music Room, Hart House, University of Toronto.
When: June 22nd and 23rd.
Round Times: Friday 22nd at 5:00pm & 7:30pm / Saturday 23rd at 10am, 1:30pm & 4:00pm
Style: 5 Round Swiss in 2 Rating Sections: U1300 and U800
Time Control: 55 minutes + 5 seconds increment from move 1, for both sections.
Rating: Both sections will be CFC rated (Chess Federation of Canada).
Byes: Maximum 2 half-point byes in rounds 1-4, if requested in advance before the start of Round 1.
Prizes: Trophies for top three finishers and top female player of each section.
Coffee, snacks and light refreshments will be provided.
Entry Fee: $50 in advance for all players. $60 only on site.
Organizer: Hart House Chess Club
Other Info: Chess sets and clocks will be provided by the organizer. Registrants must be current CFC members or bring payment prior to playing – http://chess.ca/membership-rates.
- E-mail registrations must be completed by June 21st, or else considered late.
- All players must have been born on or after year 2000. Tournament for juniors 18 and under.
- After pre-registering by email, please bring cash payment to the playing site before 4:30pm on June 22nd, or mail a cheque which arrives by June 21st. If online registrants paying in cash arrive after 4:30pm on June 22nd, they cannot be guaranteed a pairing in Round 1. No cheques on-site.
- To register in advance by mailing a cheque (arrival by June 21st, 2018), make cheque payable to Hart House Chess Club, at 7 Hart House Circle, Toronto ON, M5S 3H3. No postdated cheques.
- Registrants after June 21st, 2018 are not guaranteed to be paired in Round 1, and must pay on-site entry fee ($60).
- Players taking a bye in Round 1 can pay the entry fee thirty minutes before the start of Round 2 (3:30pm).
- The tournament will admit up to (but no more than) 80 participants.