Have you ever played a team-orientated chess game before? Whether you have or have not, come join the Hart House Chess Club as we host a casual bughouse tournament. Come with a premade partner or make a new friend at the club as you both challenge other teams to riveting bug house games! The tournament takes place from 7-9:30pm on Friday October 5, we hope to see you there!
Where: Hart House Reading Room,
When: Friday, October 5th, 7:00 – 9:30 pm
Tournament Format: 5 double-round Swiss
Time Control: 3 minutes + 2 sec/move
Registration: To register, please email email@example.com with your team name, the team members, and a rating (if applicable). If you don’t have a pre-made team, you can simply send us your full name and rating. Ratings are for seeding/pairing purposes only.
Fee: Free for Hart House Chess Club members. $10 to register if not a member.
1st Team – $40 Gift Card
2nd Team – $30 Gift Card
3rd Team – $20 Gift Card
Only Hart House Chess Club members are eligible for prizes
Specific Tournament Rules:
- Press-clock Rule (not touch-move, not release-move).
- Players are allowed to communicate freely during the game.
- King-chopping is allowed.
- Dropping pieces into checkmates is allowed.
- Pawns can be promoted to any piece once they reach the 8th or 1st rank but, if captured, they become pawns again.
- Pawns may be dropped onto the board everywhere except the first and eighth rank.
*If you’ve never played a bughouse chess game before, check out this link.