We are delighted to share with you that the annual Hart House Chess Club Holiday Open Chess Tournament is coming up soon! We hope you will join us on December 13-15, 2019 at Hart House for this exciting event.
Please see the poster below for more information, and do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com should you have any questions!
Some more information on the tournament logistics and how to register:
When: December 13th-15th, 2019
Round times: Friday 13th at 6:00pm, Saturday 14th at 10am & 4:00pm, Sunday 15th at 10am & 4:00pm
Style: 5 rounds in 6 rating sections – Crown (2200+), Under 2200, Under 1900, Under 1600, Under 1300 & U1000 Sections.
Time Control: 90 minutes + 30 seconds increment per move from move 1.
Prize Fund: $5000 based on 120 entries!
Rating: All sections will be CFC rated. Crown, Under 2200 & Under 1900 sections will also be FIDE rated.
Forfeit Time: Players who do not arrive within 30 minutes of the round start time will be forfeited.
Byes: Maximum 2 half-point byes in rounds 1-3 if requested in advance before the start of Round 1.
· Email registrations must be completed by December 11th, or else considered late.
· After pre-registering by email, please bring cash payment to the playing site before 5:15pm on December 13th, or mail a cheque which arrives by December 11th. If online registrants paying in cash arrive after 5:15pm on December 13th, they cannot be guaranteed a pairing in Round 1. No cheques on-site.
· To register in advance by mailing a cheque (arrival by December 11th, 2019), make cheque payable to Hart House Chess Club, at 7 Hart House Circle, Toronto ON, M5S 3H3. No postdated cheques.
· Registrants after December 11th, 2019 are not guaranteed to be paired in Round 1, and must pay on-site entry fee ($80).
· Players taking a bye in Round 1 can pay the entry fee thirty minutes before the start of Round 2 (9:30am).
Entry Fee: $60 in advance, $80 cash only on-site. Extra $20 to play up a section. Playing up is allowed only for players within 100 rating points of the section’s minimum rating. For example: a player in the Under 1600 section wanting to play up in the Under 1900 section must have a rating no lower than 1500.
Discounts: $20 less for University of Toronto students. Free entry for IMs and WIMs if registered by December 6th.
Special Discount: Free entry for players who have never played in any CFC or FIDE rated tournament. Chess Federation of Canada (CFC) membership purchase still required for $48, and entrants will not be eligible for prize money.
Other Info: Please bring chess sets and clocks. Registrants must be current CFC members or bring payment prior to playing – http://chess.ca/membership-rates.
Organizer: Alex Ferreira & Hart House Chess Club. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org