Come out of the cold and join us inside the Reading Room of Hart House on Friday, February 3rd from 7:10 pm – 9:00 pm for a bughouse tournament! You can sign up at the Hart House Reading Room anytime between 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm during Casual Play the day of. If you don’t have a team, you can register as a “solo,” and we will pair you up. This is the perfect way to meet new people and have a good time!
If you don’t know the rules of the game, come by and chat with an Exec before the tournament!
Free entries for all members and the prize will be two $25 gift cards for the two players of the winning team! (for non-members, a fee of $5)
Bughouse is a popular variant of chess that is played with teams of 2 players. The goal of this tournament is to get you to engage with others and have fun! It should be a fun night! We play bughouse with clock move and place-mates.
FORMAT AND EVENT DETAILS
- WHEN: Friday, February 3rd, 7pm – 9pm. Rd #1 starts at 7:10 P.M.
- WHERE: Hart House (7 Hart House Cir, Toronto) – Reading Room.
- WHAT: 6-round single-round Blitz Event (Swiss), using a 5 minute time control.
- RATED: Unrated
- ENTRY FEE: Free for members, $5 for non-members. Pay onsite with cash before 7:00pm. Free for titled players.
- PRIZE FUND: $25 for each member of the winning team.
- SPECIAL PRIZES: All participants will be entered into a door prize for a HHCC t-shirt and toque.
- MAXIMUM CAPACITY: 32 teams.
- NOTE: chess sets and boards provided
NOTE for whites/blacks:
White: gets first choice on:
- who plays white or black
- which opponent they want to play
- takes second choice
Check out our 2022 HHCC Bughouse Championship for details on the similar tournament!