Join us for the 2023 Ivy League Blitz during the Ivy League Challenge! Open to all, this 7-round unrated Swiss event features $400 in prizes and top-players from Ivy League schools are expected to play! Students and community members are welcome and encouraged to come!
Format and event details
- WHEN: Friday, March 24th, 8:00 pm (or as soon as Round 2 of Ivy League Challenge finishes) – 10:00 pm.
- WHERE: Hart House (7 Hart House Cir, Toronto) – East Common Room and/or Reading Room.
- WHAT: 7-round single-round Blitz Event (Swiss), using a 3 minute + 2 second time control.
- RATED: Unrated
- ENTRY FEE: $5 for members, $10 for non-members, free for FMs at least 1 week before. Free for Ivy League Challenge participants. Pay online via registration page by midnight Mar. 23rd or onsite with cash before 7:45pm (if space permits).
- PRIZE FUND: Minimum $400 as follows: 1st place – $115; 2nd place – $75; 3rd place – $50; Top Woman – $40; Top U1900 – $40; Top U1400 – $40.
- SPECIAL PRIZES: All participants will be entered into a door prize for a HHCC hoodie, t-shirt, and toque.
- PIZZA: FREE PIZZA for everyone served at ~7:15 PM
- MAXIMUM CAPACITY: 60 players.
- NOTE: chess sets and boards provided
- ORGANIZER: Hart House Chess Club with Alex Ferreira as arbiter.
|Registration Number||Player First Name||Player Last Name||CFC ID||CFC Rating|
Any questions can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
See the Fall Blitz Tournament and 2023 HHCC Blitz Championship for examples of how the tournament will run.