Join us for the 2023 Ivy League Blitz during the Ivy League Challenge! Open to all, this 7-round unrated swiss event with prizes and top-players from opposing schools! Students and community members are welcome and encouraged to come! Grandmasters, International Masters, and FIDE masters are expected to be playing!
Format and event details
- WHEN: Friday, March 24th, 8:00 pm (or as soon as Round 2 of Ivy League Challenge finishes) – 10:00 pm.
- WHERE: Hart House (7 Hart House Cir, Toronto) – East Common Room.
- WHAT: 7-round single-round Blitz Event (Swiss), using a 3 minute + 2 second time control.
- RATED: Unrated
- ENTRY FEE: $5 for members, $10 for non-members, free for FMs at least 1 week before. Free for Ivy League Challenge participants. Pay online via registration page by midnight Mar. 23rd or onsite with cash before 7:45pm.
- PRIZE FUND (est. based on 60 entries): $385 as follows: 1st place – $100; 2nd place – $75; 3rd place – $50; Top Woman – $40; Top U1900 – $40; Top U1400 – $40.
- SPECIAL PRIZES: All participants will be entered into a door prize for a HHCC hoodie.
- MAXIMUM CAPACITY: 60 players.
- NOTE: chess sets and boards provided
Any questions can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org