The Club invites new to tournament players, especially those playing at CUCC the opportunity to prepare for this tournament with an in-person tournament involving slower games and notation.
This tournament is intended to prepare HHCC members for the 2023 CUCC held from Jan. 27th – Jan. 29th at the University of Ottawa. Beginners are encouraged to also attend this tournament following our Beginner Lessons.
FORMAT AND EVENT DETAILS:
- WHAT: 3 round swiss rapid tournament starting after Beginner Lessons. Those attending intermediate lessons can attend the 2nd round.
- WHO: anyone interested in playing slower time games
- WHERE: Burwash Room, Hart House, University of Toronto
- FORMAT: Game in 25 minutes + 10 second increment from move 1.
- ROUND TIMES: 6:10 pm, 7:20pm, 8:30pm.
- REGISTRATION: FREE for all members. $5 for non-members. Register by 6:00 pm.
- NOTATION: Players are encouraged to use notation for this tournament.
- PRIZES: t-shirt for overall top player
- EQUIPMENT: chess sets, clocks, scoresheets provided
- RATED: unrated
- CAPCITY: 20 players